When: This Tuesday, December 2, 2008 6:30 – 8:30 PM
Where: Independents Hall, 32 Strawberry Street in Olde City (Strawberry Street runs parallel to and between 2nd and 3rd Streets, and IndyHall is between Market and Chestnut.)
Plans for the Net Tuesday Social Web Carnival are coming along nicely. Here’s how it will work…
People will visit each of 5 stations throughout the room. At each station, we will brainstorm ways in which that station’s tools have been or can be used for social change causes, as well as ideas for future Net Tuesday programs and other ways we can support, learn from and inspire one another in the Philly area. Then, we’ll come back together to share some of the insights and ideas that were generated. The stations will be:
- Writin’ Roller Coaster (blogging, microblogging …)
- Multimedia Midway (photo, video, audio, slide sharing services; podcasts, vlogs …)
- Ferris Wheel of Friends (social networking sites)
- Folksonomy Funhouse (tagging, social bookmarking …)
- Freaks and Geeks (everything else: wikis, mashups, e-democracy, RSS, mobile apps …)
What will you get out of this fast-paced event?
- Non-profit and social change activists will discover more about the tremendous power of these tools, and will likely come away with new ideas about how they might be used for their own organizations or causes.
- Techies will learn about the hopes and needs of people who can imagine using these technologies to make the world a better place.
- Visionaries and career changers may discover opportunities and gaps that have not yet been revealed or filled.
- And all of us will have a chance to make friends and contacts, to help shape Net Tuesday (and NetSquared) programs for 2009, and to generally continue advancing Philly as a place for progressive social innovation.
If you haven’t already RSVP’d, it would be helpful to do so via the Meetup page. But that’s not required; feel free to show up and bring a friend.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.