How can you possibly keep up with the constantly changing environment of the social web? How do you figure out what online services, tactics and approaches make sense for your nonprofit or social cause? What’s a great way to build upon your enthusiasm for a great social tool or topic?
Join us for Philly NetSquared’s next Social Web Sampler to share tastes of the different options out there. We plan to have 12-15 small group discussions — four or five simultaneous discussions x three 20-minute time slots. We’ll be meeting at the Friends Center, 1501 Cherry Street. Doors open at 6:00 PM on Tuesday, October 1, 2013.
The small group discussion topics that have been submitted (with original titles in alphabetical order) are:
- 5 Tips for Working with Web Vendors (Nathan Gasser)
- 7 Tips to Improve Your Writing
for the Web, Mobile, and Social(Marc Gravez)
- Creating a social media strategy that works for your program (Briana Morgan)
- Cyber Security and Risk Management (Austin Morris Jr.)
- Fitting Social Media into Your Already Busy Day (Gloria Bell)
- How the social web is changing knowledge and meaning (Seth Horwitz)
- Google Hangouts On Air (Fitzgerald Putnam)
- Info Security and Privacy (Joe Raimondo)
- Librarians for the Community (Stan Pokras)
- Our Work in Context: Cultural Succession (Matt Bennett)
- Social Media Management Tools: The Pros & Cons (Annaliese Henwood)
- Social Media Use For Organizations (Sara Zia Ebrahimi)
- Tell your story with video and animation (Sharon Torello)
- Telling stories with audio and video (Steve Lubetkin)
- Timebanking (Jim Wurster)
We may have room for one or two more, but act TODAY if you’re interested by filling in the form at www.tinyurl.com/phlnet2-sampler.
Like our previous Social Web Samplers, this will be a highly interactive gathering with lots of shared knowledge, networking and excitement. Refreshments will be available. (Due to the small group nature of this event, we will NOT be livestreaming or recording it. You have to be here to play!)
Thanks to the American Friends Service Committee for sponsoring this evening.