Changing the World with Social Networking, with Deanna Zandt
Update: The live stream will be posted as a video on this website soon — we’ll post an announcement to the home page. Thanks to everyone who participated!
Follow our conversation with Deanna Zandt at September Philly Net Tuesday:
Watch live video stream
and follow our conversation on Twitter
Our discussion topics tonight:
- How is social networking transforming nonprofit and social change efforts?
- Or is it just lulling us into a false sense of confidence?
- Aren’t the forces against change just as empowered by social networking as we are?
- How can I, as an individual, have a meaningful impact on the most pressing global issues of the day?
- How can we cope with (and even thrive from) the fire hose of information that social networking unleashes?
Deanna is a New York-based media technologist, consultant to key progressive media organizations including AlterNet and Jim Hightower’s Hightower Lowdown, and a Research Fellow at the Center for Social Media at American University. She is also author of the recently published book Share This! How You Will Change the World with Social Networking.
Follow the discussion
At right is our Twitter “back channel” — ongoing discussion and questions for Deanna. You can participate in the discussion! Just append “#phlnet2” (that stands for “Philly NetSquared”) to any of your Twitter posts and it will automatically show up.
And, of course, be sure to watch the live video stream of the event!
You can send us questions for Deanna via Twitter by beginning your message with “@phlnet2” which will bring your message to our attention.