Philadelphia NetSquared gathers together nonprofits and activists, tech leaders and funders, and everyone who’s interested in using technology for social change.
We host in-person events, which we often livestream online.
- Nonprofit staffers will find a friendly, welcoming atmosphere for those not experienced with technology, and many chances to ask questions of tech-experienced nonprofits and experts.
- Technologists will find opportunities to put their expertise to social good, as well as the potential for lasting relationships (be they paid or volunteer) with leading organizations in our community.
- Activists and community leaders will see and be given the chance to present on successful uses of technology for social change. Not content to simply focus on “shiny tech,” we’ll explore what the true potential for social change is in each case, where community organizing work can be made more effective, and where it will have to push technology forward.
Philly NetSquared hosts free Net Tuesdays the first week of every month to discuss using the social web for social good, hear case studies and presentations from experts, and collectively chart a new course through “web 2.0.” See some of our past presentations.
Some of our Net Tuesday topics have included:
- using Facebook for social change (June 1, 2010)
- blogging for nonprofits (January 6, 2009)
- using “peer-to-peer” friend-based advocacy and cause platforms (October 7, 2008)
- moving the social web from the computer to the mobile phone (June 2, 2009)
- using mapping to make a group’s data, advocacy and mission more visible to supporters and donors (April 7, 2009)
- effective podcasting and videoblogging for nonprofits and community groups (September 2, 2008 and July 6, 2010)
- social media and crisis response (March 2, 2010)
- crowdsourcing change — applying the social web to a particular cause or organization
- social web carnivals — like speed dating nonprofit technology!
Join Philly NetSquared at an upcoming Net Tuesday, as we bring together web innovators and social changemakers to socialize, strategize, learn from and inspire one another! Interested in presenting? Contact us!